Our mission and vision
Our role is to foster the creation and translation of the evidence needed to inform best practice in the control of vaccine preventable diseases in Australia.
Our stakeholders are our research and funding partners, the advisory committees we support, key professional bodies, and the broader community of health service providers.
Our scope of work includes clinical, epidemiologic and social research relevant to vaccine preventable diseases.
Our impact is ultimately measured by how well vaccine preventable diseases are controlled in Australia.
To be recognised as a centre of national and international standing in the conduct and translation of research to policy and practice in vaccine preventable diseases.
To achieve this vision we need to:
- continue to drive and foster high quality research and surveillance relevant to immunisation policy
- invest in growing our research programs and training capacity
- play a significant role in the development of the next generation of researchers in our areas of expertise
- be proactive in promoting systematic communication and collaboration among key stakeholders
- provide leadership in identifying emerging issues of relevance to Australia