NCIRS fact sheets
These fact sheets have been developed by NCIRS primarily for immunisation providers. They may also be of interest to members of the public.
NCIRS fact sheets are written by staff within the Policy and Surveillance sections of NCIRS. They are reviewed and approved by appropriate senior NCIRS staff. Input and/or review by external content experts is sought where appropriate.
You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to access these files.
Vaccine preventable diseases
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccines for Australian children [PDF – 72kB]
- Hepatitis B vaccines for Australians [PDF – 232kB]
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines for Australians - New fact sheet coming soon
- Quadrivalent HPV vaccine – frequently asked questions - New FAQs coming soon
- Influenza vaccines for Australians [PDF – 238kB] April 2018
- Influenza vaccines – frequently asked questions [PDF – 351kB] April 2018
- Meningococcal vaccines for Australians [PDF – 803kB] March 2018
- Meningococcal vaccines – frequently asked questions [PDF – 653] March 2018
- Pertussis vaccines for Australians [PDF – 146kB] March 2016
- Poliomyelitis vaccines for Australians [PDF – 212kB] February 2016
- Rotavirus vaccines for Australian children [PDF – 218kB]
- Varicella-zoster (chickenpox) vaccines for Australian children [PDF – 158kB]
- Vaccines for Australian adults [PDF – 327kB] October 2017
- Zoster vaccine for Australian adults [PDF – 489kB] August 2017
- Zoster vaccine – frequently asked questions [PDF – 170kB] April 2018
- Diabetes and vaccines [PDF – 44kB]
- Hepatitis B and multiple sclerosis [PDF – 76kB]
- Homoeopathy and vaccination [PDF – 127kB]
- MMR vaccine, inflammatory bowel disease and autism [PDF – 254kB]
- Resources for addressing patient/parent concerns about immunisation [PDF – 56kB]
- Thiomersal [PDF – 120kB]
- Vaccinations during pregnancy [PDF – 215kB] December 2015
- Vaccines, allergy and asthma [PDF – 132kB]
- Vaccine components [PDF – 105kB]
Fact sheets in this archive are no longer current but may be of historical interest.