Summary of issues considered by comparable NITAGs* and WHO immunisation-related advisory committees
* National Immunisation Technical Advisory Groups (NITAGs)
NCIRS regularly summarises the most recent reports from NITAGs of four other countries and WHO's immunisation-related advisory committees, including the Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE).
The National Immunisation Technical Advisory Groups of:
- the USA – the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- the UK – the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI)
- Canada – the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI)
- New Zealand – the Immunisation Advisory Centre (IMAC)
For recent issues considered by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI), please refer to the ATAGI Bulletins.
It is important to note that decisions on immunisation policies take into account the local disease epidemiology, population characteristics, the health system, availability of specific vaccines, and existing immunisation service delivery systems. These summaries must be considered in this light.
Historical summary documents are found here for reference:
Summary: January 2018 to May 2018 as at 21 May 2018 [PDF - 230kB]
Summary: October 2017 to January 2018 as at 22 January 2018 [PDF - 182kB]
Summary: May 2017 to September 2017 as at 12 September 2017 [PDF – 198kB]